\_ |_________   ____ _____  |  | __________
 | __ \_  __ \_/ __ \\__  \ |  |/ /\___   /
  | \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Beatmatch Problem 
Senior

bootyshake behind the decks bro, try to hop onto the beat, it helps a litle to figure out if your tune needs to be adjust faster or slower before mixed in ...

's a small tip that not always works but it helped me a lot in my begin days

word :!:

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:17 pm
Burnout

how could that have anything to do with the mixer? mix how you're used to mix & everything will work out just fine... there are some djs that just let 2 tunes play in there headset,... if it works why not do it?

Well maybe got a point, got a whole vacation now. Gonna look what matches me the most. I was just wondering if it's a big thing if you use other ways of mixing.

Thanks so far :!:

ShoveS wrote:
I always beatmatch with my headphones completely on..
In fact it's even an advantage when the monitors are crappy or absent -

I'm not going to mix with full HS on. But if I can hear a slice of the playing tune in my ear (the ear with the headphone), I can mix much better then keep my ear too close to the monitor and to mix like that

(DIA001) Disonata - Form Your Path / Evoke out now on Diamind Records on Vinyl/Web

(DIADIG001) ARtroniks - Sometimes EP out soon on Diamind Records on Web
(DIADIG002) Kasket - Torn Letters (Thank You) EP out soon on Diamind Records on Web

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:24 pm
StarDust Kru

i don't want to be mean, but if you still can't do any beatmatch after five months of dj'ing, you better find an other hobby in stead of paying all that money to equipment and records :wink:

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:32 pm
Senior

I always beatmatch with my headphones completely on..
In fact it's even an advantage when the monitors are crappy or absent ;)

same here :)

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
battlefield

No worries mate, in the beginning I also started mixing with both tracks true the headphones. And when I saw other dj's mixing with only one track in the headphones, I thought, huh?
I tried it at home and I couldn't do it. But after a few weeks it started to work out. When i'm playing at home I also use the "plf/master", it makes me mix cleaner and faster, and indeed not every mixer has this.
So it's best you can do both ways.
And it's allready been said a 100 times, keep practicing.
Don't forget to put the music in your headphones as loud as the monitor, this will make it a lot easyer!

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:41 pm
battlefield

i don't want to be mean, but if you still can't do any beatmatch after five months of dj'ing, you better find an other hobby in stead of paying all that money to equipment and records :wink:

Does it matter?
Only when you stop having fun, then quit

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:43 pm
Burnout

I can beatmatch withou problems but on only the way with 2 tunes in my ear.

It's all about the way with one ear incoming tune & other ear monitor

(DIA001) Disonata - Form Your Path / Evoke out now on Diamind Records on Vinyl/Web

(DIADIG002) Kasket - Torn Letters (Thank You) EP out soon on Diamind Records on Web

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:49 pm
Junior

don't start with mixing things like paradox & nucleus or something like that.
Start with easy beats, don't make it difficult for yourself and try to take time to perfect the beat. Also count in your head, just like drummers do.

Try to dissect beats in your head slowly. First you have to understand one beat to mix it into another.

Try to find a good balance between headphones and boxes, keep it that way, don't change it so you can get used to it. at party's try to find the same balance if possible.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:56 pm
üntil we die

focus on the snares only. cue 2 together and let go, then corret the pitch, try again until you've reached a perfect match. youre training, maybe you'll have to cue the record back to the beginning several times to finally get the good pitch.

time after time, you'll train to ear them separate form eatch other, an learn to ear whats the one going faster. the "clack" of the snare must be perfect. pitchriding is the jedi-technique, learn to use it as much as you can. but its a long journey you have in front of you. i mix dnb since 3 years now, its just beginning to be faultless.

also note that some records dont have the "regular-easy-metrome snares" (the easy "tac-tac-tac-tac", rather tac-tactac-tac or tactac-tactac). if you're not comfy with the easy snares, dont mess with these, you'll learn it easily when you'll master the pitch.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:14 pm

I wouldn't recommend mixing with your headphones on your both ears. Mine broke down, I can't hear them both anymore, just one, and I noticed my hearing improved day by day. I used to mix with my headphone on both ears, but it won't help you much imo. Just keep practicing, and you'll notice your hearing will improve...

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:17 pm
Burnout

I wouldn't recommend mixing with your headphones on your both ears.

That's the last thng I do mate :)

Vyron wrote:
I'm not going to mix with full HS on

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:22 pm
Gamorah Sound

vAnman wrote:

I can beatmatch withou problems but on only the way with 2 tunes in my ear.

It's all about the way with one ear incoming tune & other ear monitor

mate ... i think you mean you have problems with the delay when it comes to headphones and monitor ... if it's that you have some trouble with ... don't worry everyone does ...

most of us solve it by constantly switching between headphones monitors and main mix ... adding some main mix to the headphones helps to cancel a lot of the delay between the two (sound travels slower then electrical signals hence the delay) ... still hearing one tune in one ear and the other in the other is hard mixing ... lift up yer headphone from time to time to balance main mix and headphones dominance ...

hope this helps a bit

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Burnout

... still hearing one tune in one ear and the other in the other is hard mixing ...
hope this helps a bit

I always mix with one ear of the headphone. There's is only one ear free.
But thanks

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:41 pm
Connected

always the nice guy

at the threadstarter: just keep at it and remember to have fun, over time it will become automatic, i think you also have to find your own 'method'

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:27 pm
Raving Bull

standard Pioneer mixer features this and some Rodecs do too...it's no stress and I hear a lot more detail then a monitor can ever give you. Just find your own style and it's all ok

Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:24 pm