___.                         __            
\_ |_________   ____ _____  |  | __________
 | __ \_  __ \_/ __ \\__  \ |  |/ /\___   /
  | \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/
	
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:07 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 breakz dns probs? 
Author Message
dubz n breakz
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:40 pm
Posts: 2383
Location: avelgem
Post 
cjpa wrote:
Paranoized wrote:
poepsnor wrote:
Isn't it possible to send a mail to everyone with the info in it?


Word. Dont the administrators have like a button that says: MAIL to ALL. or something like that?


Yes, we do. But we never use it. Sending a mail to 8000 people of whom maybe 500 are interested in this, is useless. And it would bring our server to a snail pace for more than an hour while all those mails are processing.


schedule it @ 3,4 o'clock at night, no one will notice
I'm sure loads would be thankful though, but not my call obviously :)

anyhow, think by now most regulars made it back on here ?

_________________
Liquid means rewind, the gunshot means forward

last.fm profile


Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:53 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:32 pm
Posts: 305
Post 
imo one of the biggest problems is actually that there is a large community of people that use breakz only for searching the party board for a party...

mc nice still isn't fixed he told me yesterday (mac though), airfull only got fixed last week, so there must also be other regulars that do not know yet
I try to fix everyone and found out there's a great bunch of non-regulars that just think breakz has become broken somehow.


Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:26 pm
Profile
Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 pm
Posts: 89
Post 
error wrote:
imo one of the biggest problems is actually that there is a large community of people that use breakz only for searching the party board for a party...

mc nice still isn't fixed he told me yesterday (mac though), airfull only got fixed last week, so there must also be other regulars that do not know yet
I try to fix everyone and found out there's a great bunch of non-regulars that just think breakz has become broken somehow.



True man, i'm also one of those people. And e lot of my friends also
Just checking the partyboard to check out the party's, i don't know where else to look
Must be very annoying for those people who don't know ..


Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Profile
entity
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:19 pm
Posts: 3423
Location: Heverlee
Post 
indeed, there are only half of the visits/day Breakz used to have before the dns problems.
For these people, Breakz down means just looking for alternatives.

the dns fix was a nice temporary fix ... but how long should this situation go on?

I'm not pushing things here, I know you guys do it in your free time & non profit, even paying for it. But these situations do harm your website reputation a lot, which took years to built.
It are the people who were the hardest to reach (not so familiar with dnb, the "scene", etc ...) who normally take you the longest to reach, & it are exactly these people that won't know about the dns fix now.

_________________
.
Entity - Creating Online Identity


How many years before we practice what we preach. How many tears before we truly pinch the peace.
- Roots Manuva -


Image


Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:47 pm
Profile
BREAKZ.BE
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:47 am
Posts: 4222
Location: Antwerp
Post 
OK, since you guys insist. I just sent a little mail ;)

_________________
Last.fm - Facebook - g+


Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:42 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Untitled!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:29 am
Posts: 3153
Location: Antown
Post 
Empi wrote:
That map aint there.. i searched in the library but nothing there to

Image


You have to be logged in as root. Follow the instructions at this link, reboot, login as root and *normally* you should be able to view the hidden files & folders.

_________________
http://www.untitledantwerp.com
http://www.soulshine.be


Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 pm
Posts: 89
Post 
Kastor wrote:
Empi wrote:
That map aint there.. i searched in the library but nothing there to

Image


You have to be logged in as root. Follow the instructions at this link, reboot, login as root and *normally* you should be able to view the hidden files & folders.


Yezz! It works now
Thx :)

Here's the dutch version of that article:
http://forum.onemorething.nl/viewtopic. ... ot+account


Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Profile
Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 pm
Posts: 89
Post 
I still haven't got that mail?


Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:06 pm
Posts: 262
Post 
on mac i did it like this

open System preferences or systeemvoorkeuren (should be in your dock, if not search it in spotlight)
click on network than i clicked on airport, then TCP/IP and then i filled in 85.10.209.11 next to DNS-servers

no need for terminal


Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:16 am
Profile
Connected

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:33 pm
Posts: 1961
Post 
Could someone make me a step-by-step "how to fix the 'can't find breakz-server with telenet'-problem", please?
Tried every post i could find, but no luck ... i mean i'm an absolute noob on this subject! :lol:
I work on a pc, btw.

Thanx in advance.

Now i have to come to work to check the breakz-site!!!! :D

_________________
Peace through universal beats!

More info & sounds:
www.soundcloud.com/plakka
www.facebook.com/into.the.deep.antwerp

Image


Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 11:23 am
Posts: 121
Post 
Go to 'Search' or 'Zoeken' when you click start, there you write

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

And click on search 'Alle bestanden'. Then you see all the documents he found, click on the one called 'hosts', then your computer asks which program to use to open this program. I chose 'kladblok', when opened with the kladblok some strange (for a computer noob like me) text apears underneath that text you write

85.10.209.11 breakz.be
85.10.209.11 www.breakz.be

press enter.
This did the trick on my computer, maybe not the most conventional way of fixing the problem but hey ...


Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 am
Profile
caramassive

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 617
Post 
Joda is hopeless, he can't reach breakz for some time now and asked me to post this
Quote:
Nja moeste gewoon keer kunnen posten da da truckse nie bij iedereen werkt en vragen of da nie algemeen gefikst kan worden da iedereen er weer opkan?
Want er zijn zeker nog veel mensen die da "truckske" zelfs nie eens kennen..
Merci

cjpa?

grtz


Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:40 pm
Profile
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:56 pm
Posts: 1471
Location: Ghent
Post 
bassics wrote:
Joda is hopeless, he can't reach breakz for some time now and asked me to post this
Quote:
Nja moeste gewoon keer kunnen posten da da truckse nie bij iedereen werkt en vragen of da nie algemeen gefikst kan worden da iedereen er weer opkan?
Want er zijn zeker nog veel mensen die da "truckske" zelfs nie eens kennen..
Merci

cjpa?

grtz

same thoughts here a lot of my friends still cant get on breakz
and they think breakz doesnt excist no more

_________________
http://www.warriorz.be
https://www.facebook.com/matedeejay
http://www.soundcloud.com/deejay-mate


Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Senior

Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:04 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Brussels / Denderleeuw
Post 
Incidentally, don't forget not everone has the rights to tinker with those settings (@ work, work laptops, etc.)


Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Senior

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:05 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Leuven
Post 
Fre wrote:
indeed, there are only half of the visits/day Breakz used to have before the dns problems.
For these people, Breakz down means just looking for alternatives.

the dns fix was a nice temporary fix ... but how long should this situation go on?

I'm not pushing things here, I know you guys do it in your free time & non profit, even paying for it. But these situations do harm your website reputation a lot, which took years to built.
It are the people who were the hardest to reach (not so familiar with dnb, the "scene", etc ...) who normally take you the longest to reach, & it are exactly these people that won't know about the dns fix now.


²

I can't understand why you think, as administrator, only the 'regular people' are important?!
There are lots of people who use Breakz only to check the party board and/or download a mix or something.
I guess you can't do anything about these problems but a little communication wouldn't do harm. I didn't get a mail up till now...
I checked a traffic site: there's 20% less traffic than three months ago. Quite a lot if you ask me.


Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.