| \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Anyone using Cubase 4 yet? 
bassculture.org

Post Anyone using Cubase 4 yet?
yes? no? thoughts?

Forthcoming release Sonorous Music (SOON!!)

www.myspace.com/whizz
www.myspace.com/mokkabeats

Thu May 31, 2007 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
www.drumnbass.be

seriously i mean it, i've had the upgrade since it was released and it's just awesome, in terms of audio editing it comes real close to pro tools (i'm no expert at protools, but it just rocks the hardest, it's also the most expensive:D)
the midi part is quite the same as the sx3, there's some xtra functions, the genious part is that you can save presets from any vst in one big database where you can just leave it and get it quickly when you need it again, meaning it'll load the right vst and presets, or even give it characteristics for even quicker and more conceptual sound browsing (like the new NI system, if you already saw absynth4 or massive or something like that, you know what i mean)

i have a feeling that it runs even smoother and more stable than the previous one, but that can just be me being excited about the new splash screen :)

it also comes with a library of sometimes very useful sounds, and some new vst's and plugins, specially the plugins have improved a lot too.
the mixer gets quiet huge after a while if u use it thoroughly, which is very cool if you have a 2nd screen hehe. but i think that was already the case apart from some addons in sx 3 too.

i also have the feeling that i'm even only at 25% of the program's real potential, and i've been busy can tell ya that.
so yea, go for it, no doubt

edit: oh yeah, it finally has the tracking function or whatever back, that you can make a playlist of different parts of the song, ...
i'll try to put somekinda example of that online...

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~Mark Twain"

"Life is merely a dream - and not worth living unless you're living beyond your means. Well beyond your means ~some dodgy facebook app"

m.a.r.v.e.l.
Mailman's Advantageously Recorders Violinist's Exuding Looking

Thu May 31, 2007 11:10 pm
BREAKZ.BE

Often i change loads of parameters in a synth to try out some stuff, and i just manage to fuck up the sound completely.
And then i notice i've been saving inbetween (i subconsciously press ctrl-S after training myself to do it) so i can't get back to the previous settings.

ok: i should know better and just save my patch before starting, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:37 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
www.drumnbass.be

what i need is an undo in each VST.
Often i change loads of parameters in a synth to try out some stuff, and i just manage to fuck up the sound completely.
And then i notice i've been saving inbetween (i subconsciously press ctrl-S after training myself to do it) so i can't get back to the previous settings.

ok: i should know better and just save my patch before starting, but it's annoying nonetheless.

it's a vst issue innit :)

rop papen's albino, blue & predator all have a "compare" function exactly for that purpose, and they sound quite nice too, try them out sometime

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~Mark Twain"

"Life is merely a dream - and not worth living unless you're living beyond your means. Well beyond your means ~some dodgy facebook app"

m.a.r.v.e.l.
Mailman's Advantageously Recorders Violinist's Exuding Looking

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:19 pm
BREAKZ.BE

i'm a big albino-fan. Never found that compare-function though. Must check it...

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW