\_ |_________   ____ _____  |  | __________
 | __ \_  __ \_/ __ \\__  \ |  |/ /\___   /
  | \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Forgetfull fruity (controller prob) 
Kronik Flakez

Post Forgetfull fruity (controller prob)
I recently bought an M-audio Axiom controller, and I'm learning how to use it with FLstudio.

It works perfectly well with FLstudio's main controlls (had to use a trick to get the transport controlls working tough), I can pretty much use "link to controller" on any native FLstudio button or slider.

My problem starts when I load up some VST's.
The vst's seem to not have the ability to "learn" the knobs I want to assign.

The only way I can assign my controllers buttons is by configging them trough the "fruity wrapper" (parameters -> browse parameters)
Now this is very tedious & time consuming.
The worst part is that I don't see a way to "save" these settings so that my controller's buttons are still bound to the same parameters when I load up that VST in some other project.

When I load up the standalone versions of the VST intstruments, I can use the right click -> "learn" mode with no problems at all.

So i'm basically looking for a way to either use the VST's "learn" function trough the fruity wrapper; OR make FLstudio at least remember what parameters I assigned to what buttons manually.

I've been searching the web for more info on this, but it's very difficult to find any specific info troughout the forest of crap that search engines throw out.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:22 am
Profile ICQ WWW
√ľntil we die

i suppose youll learn all of this on the FL official forum (i dont think you need to be a registered user to access it). or the FL section at KVRaudio.com, nice website!

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 am
Kronik Flakez

After only 10 mins of fiddling I got it working for 4 different synths in Cubase sx3; a DAW that I'm totally unfamiliar with, so I'm pretty sure it is possible (and easy) in FLstudio.

I got the FL bible printed out somewhere, gonna dive in as soon as I can find it.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
flesh is the fever of lol

OK.. for instance let's use V-Station. Just move the cut-off filter (or whatever you want to controll) with your mouse. Then from your plugin options (the wrapper that your vst is in) choose: last tweaked parameter => link to controller. Make sure 'auto detect' is on and then tweak the controller button to assign.

"I create moods, not melodies."

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Kronik Flakez

OK.. for instance let's use V-Station. Just move the cut-off filter (or whatever you want to controll) with your mouse. Then from your plugin options (the wrapper that your vst is in) choose: last tweaked parameter => link to controller. Make sure 'auto detect' is on and then tweak the controller button to assign.

That is what I cannot do.

For instance with zeta / massive; fruity wrapper doesn't even give me the option of linking the "last tweaked parameter" to a controller. That option is greyed out in the menu.
I can only link the stuff with the terribly irritating browser tag that closes itsef all the time or with the "link all parameters" option.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 am
Profile ICQ WWW