Post Re: Timecode Software
I should go work in Keymusic and sell this. :teeth:

subi-sub wrote:
my mom works their as a hooker :drunks:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Senior

Rumor allert! :|

Yesterday a mate of mine phoned from the certified retailer for traktor scratch here in Ghent City.
He had a little chat with the owner of the store and this guy told him that Native Instruments had stopped all production of the control vinyl system and are switching to these fucked up 'all in one' dj things like the Dj controler from hercules for virtual DJ... http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-kontrol-s4/
HE said he could MAYBE still hook my mate up with the software / audio 4 or 8 and the control vinyl/cd via via some connections but still... This wouldn't be the 'package' as we know it and would cost aprox 100€ more.

He explained that native instruments pissed everyone off by doing this... The Groothandelaars/kleine handelaars, klanten en toekomstige klanten. He explained this with the 50% off sale NI gave in december, they did this to get rid of the last packages.
Good thing i checked the sales thingy in december with a mate of mine and this 'sale' was only regarding people who allready owned an audio interface by NI. You couldn't buy the whole package, that is if i understood the small print correctly.

I just can't get it in my head that NI is just giving other companies like Rane a freecard for being the only decent time code software distributer on the market. + they still have the product (Traktor Scratch Pro and Duo) with the same old pricetag on the official site.
Weird thing is that on all other internet retailer sites like (musicstore.de / chemical, etc....) the duo and pro versions are out of stock. THIS i find weird.

PLEASE someone, give me some clarity on this case if you know something about this.... Had it all planned out to buy myself a traktor scratch set and then i hear this.... -_ -
Did Native Instruments just kill their digital control vinyl franchise for a fucking plastic machine with 2 rotating titties on it (i tested this at play and produce and it' serieus bullcrap) or is the retailer and ienternjeet busting my balls here?

Thx! PZ!

22:00 - 23:00 Every Tuesday @ After 12 Radioshow on urgent.fm

03/09 Bass Contact w/ Requake, Pukaz and more...; Minus One Gent
22/09 King of Sub 1 Year Anniversary ; The Zoo Hasselt
12/10 Rotation @ Decadance , Gent
14/03 Friday Rolling @ White Cat , Gent
11/11 After12 w/ Mala (UK), Roska ft. Jamie George (UK), Primate B2B Digid ; Balzaal Vooruit Gent
15/12 'A Night Beyond The Bass' @ Lille,France
More TBC

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 pm
Senior

don't actually know if this works, but if you're low on cash, this might be worth looking into:

DIY Serato for +-€150
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.ph ... genumber=1

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Junior

Lucky7 wrote:
Did Native Instruments just kill their digital control vinyl franchise for a fucking plastic machine with 2 rotating titties on it (i tested this at play and produce and it' serieus bullcrap) or is the retailer and ienternjeet busting my balls here?

Thx! PZ!
utter bullshit as you prolly know by now :)

Two new systems coming April, Traktor Scratch pro 2 (with control for four decks) :D

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Junior

Lucky7 wrote:
Rumor allert! :|

Yesterday a mate of mine phoned from the certified retailer for traktor scratch here in Ghent City.
He had a little chat with the owner of the store and this guy told him that Native Instruments had stopped all production of the control vinyl system and are switching to these fucked up 'all in one' dj things like the Dj controler from hercules for virtual DJ... http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-kontrol-s4/
HE said he could MAYBE still hook my mate up with the software / audio 4 or 8 and the control vinyl/cd via via some connections but still... This wouldn't be the 'package' as we know it and would cost aprox 100€ more.

He explained that native instruments pissed everyone off by doing this... The Groothandelaars/kleine handelaars, klanten en toekomstige klanten. He explained this with the 50% off sale NI gave in december, they did this to get rid of the last packages.
Good thing i checked the sales thingy in december with a mate of mine and this 'sale' was only regarding people who allready owned an audio interface by NI. You couldn't buy the whole package, that is if i understood the small print correctly.

I just can't get it in my head that NI is just giving other companies like Rane a freecard for being the only decent time code software distributer on the market. + they still have the product (Traktor Scratch Pro and Duo) with the same old pricetag on the official site.
Weird thing is that on all other internet retailer sites like (musicstore.de / chemical, etc....) the duo and pro versions are out of stock. THIS i find weird.

PLEASE someone, give me some clarity on this case if you know something about this.... Had it all planned out to buy myself a traktor scratch set and then i hear this.... -_ -

Thx! PZ!

friend of mine just uses em both, Traktor controller for controlling traktor (duh) and FX, together with some asio compatible interface for timecoding. Works like a charm

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 pm
Wipeout

psytox wrote:

Two new systems coming April, Traktor Scratch pro 2 (with control for four decks) :D

Which It already has with Trakor Scratch Pro 1 :)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm
Future Sickness

idd TRAKTOR 2 is out now & instead of the usual AUDIO DJ 4-8 audio interfaces they updated them to TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 & 8, in other words ... a whole new & MORE STABLE audio interface. as far as i've heared is that they'll(Native Instruments) still produce the timcode vinyls(so no worries lucky 7), but that won't be their MAIN concept anymore, idd the controllers & other hardware will be their main goal now

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Senior

Short after i opened this topic i bough a traktor scratch duo set 2dehands for 200€ online.
I've registered it and recently updated my software to the Traktor Scratch Duo 2 version. Together with some new driver software for the Audio 4 DJ this works like a charm. The new Audio Interfaces are nice ofc. but if u have an operational 'old' Audio 4 / 8 DJ and you use your traktor for home use (like me) it works perfect.

The new software provides a few cool features like coloured time codeing (like serato) and very handy UI's. :)

11/11 After12 w/ Mala (UK), Roska ft. Jamie George (UK), Primate B2B Digid ; Balzaal Vooruit Gent
More TBC

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 pm
Future Sickness

Lucky7 wrote:
The new software provides a few cool features like coloured time codeing (like serato) and very handy UI's. :)

Yeah the new visual aspect of the new traktor is great but they finaly did something with the BPM analyse as well. mixing d&b is goin MUCH (F*cking hell MUCH more) better now " 't es véle stabieler nou me gedacht!"

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Senior

N.D.M.-bass-addict wrote:
Lucky7 wrote:
they finaly did something with the BPM analyse as well.

True that! More accurate indeed!

More TBC

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am
Senior

Lucky7 wrote:
N.D.M.-bass-addict wrote:
Lucky7 wrote:
they finaly did something with the BPM analyse as well.

True that! More accurate indeed!

S4 FTW!

subi-sub wrote:
my mom works their as a hooker :drunks:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 pm