| \_\ \  | \/\  ___/ / __ \|    <  /    / 
   |___  /__|    \___  >____  /__|_ \/_____ \
        \/            \/     \/     \/      \/

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:59 pm

edit event: v-station in fruity 
illforms

Post edit event: v-station in fruity
Jups,

ietsy pietsy problem: i've been triing to apply edit event on the frequency filter in v-station. After looking in the manual, i've opened "midi out" in fruity together with v-station, set both ports to the same number. Anyway, that should work...

I did this before with pro-53. Then in "midi out", i took the pro-52 preset, et voila. But v-station is not a preset...and i didn't figure out how to map the controls... :? So how does the bloody thing work? (the edit event itself i know, rightclick and paint...)

Also, v-station and "midi out" plugin-windows can't be opened at the same time. However, it does work for pro-53 and absynth. This way, i can't see if i'm turning a button which one is following in the plug-in. Did i set some preset wrong? Or is this normal (because v-station isn't a stand-alone)?

Anyway, perhaps someone has done this before (probably), and could help me out?

Help apreciated.

Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Junior

open the menu (top left), choose edit event, choose the event you want to edit. It's quite a bitch this way if there are lots of buttons and parameters (and i think the vstation has a lot), cuz then you might have to scroll all the way down... but it works so..

Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
illforms

mmhh, maybe i'm going to this the wrong way. found something else: live recording. record a bit (and turn the desired button), fine tweak it in event editor later on. will try it later on...

the manual kinda skips from one topic to another for this on, so could be i'm mixing it all up...

i also thougth the menu, event editor...etc only worked for the controls from fruityplugins (like fruity filter) and only if you put the mouse over it, the recording option would appear in the topleft browser window (could be that that also goes for what i said above, so that wouldn't work either)

anyway, still confusing...

with the midi controller i pushed until i had some noise..selected 'filter frequency', but the sound was entirely different affected then turning the filterfreq in v-station. anyway, probably linked the wrong one...

i'll keep on messing about... :wink:

Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
illforms

never hoped it was that easy :lol:

by menu, you ment the pink plug-in symbol... stupid me never saw that one :oops:

also, when you record, he remembers it. if you wanna edit it later on, then also via the menu.

thank god it wasn't through that midi-out thingy...still don't get that one

Thanks for the info!

Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:11 am
Profile WWW